TSA & UKH - Handling Linen at your Hotel
We have been working with UK Hospitality to help provide guidance for the safe handling of linen and textiles within your business. You may personally find something different works better for you, but in general, the principles are;
• Store clean linen in secure linen rooms and access only on as required basis
• Store soiled linen in seperate areas, ideally with physical barriers or in shrouded cages
• Store soiled textiles on a ground floor, as near to an external exit as possible, and away from guest and high traffic flow areas
• Segregate clean and soiled linen on housekeeping trolleys and throughout changing bedrooms
• Collect soiled table linen directly into clear plastic bags
• Have an agreed procedure for identifying and containing contaminated textiles
• Use a contactless collection and delivery process (avoid requirements for signatures etc)
• Prevent and control exposure by considering the use of Personal & Respiratory Protective Equipment.
Please click below to read and download the guidelines in full:Handling Linen at your Hotel
In the first instance, please contact your local laundry to discuss any of the topics discussed in this document. They will happily provide you with the guidance, assistance or support you need. If you wish, you can contact the Textile Services Association by telephone on 020 3151 5600 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
NB: While TSA and UKH have made every attempt to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the information contained in this document, the content is for general information purposes only and should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professional advisers. We do not represent, warrant, undertake or guarantee that the use of this document will lead to any particular outcome or result. We shall not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including without limitation loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
We are in this Together
Hotels need laundry. Laundries need hotels. Never has this been more appropriate than what faces us in the hospitality industry right now. We’re different sides of the same coin.
TSA Pledge - Marketing Tools
Hygienically clean textiles are paramount in what we do and providing a safe, clean environment to protect the health of guests is more important than ever. We have created marketing tools to reassure guests and staff.
Interim Healthcare Laundry Certification (Covid-19 Response)
The Interim Healthcare Laundry Certification (IHLC) has been put together in consultation with NHSI to provide a quicker route to serving care homes and nursing homes without significant reduction on quality requirements.